Saturday, September 6, 2008

Izzy's Birthday Weekend!

We were so blessed to have all of Jeremy's family to come stay with us this past weekend! So, we celebrated Izzy's birthday all day Saturday. Izzy had so much fun playing with her new toys. NawNaw and Grampy got her a drum set, and a leap pad book. As you can tell, Izzy learned fast how to hit the drum. Jeremy and I got her a pony. (It had to be girly, of course!) Once Jeremy, and Jared put it together, she loved it! Jennifer, Clint, Jared and Loren brought her a princess little people castle. Melissa got some adorable pictures of Izzy playing with the castle. It soon became the centerpiece for a table at the party that night. Finally, Melissa, Jason, and Hamilton got her a finger puppet set. Izzy loves playing with all her new toys!
I was worried about Izzy being too tired for her party that night. Surprisingly, she took two long naps that day! Jeremy, and the family went shopping during the day, while Loren stayed home with Izzy, and I. Mom came over to help us get the house decorated. Mom made the house look beautiful! Loren was a huge help babysitting Izzy! Melissa took great pictures of the house decorated......
About 45 friends and family came to Izzy's party. She had her own special cake to eat. We tried to get her to stuff it all in her mouth, but she just picked at it. She loved having everyone sing to her. After eating cake, Izzy opened all her presents. (She got way too many by the way!) Everyone was too generous! You can see in some of the pictures below that Izzy has about 15 bows in her hair. Kristen gave all those to her. I love bows!!!
Right before the party, we sat Izzy on the table to get pictures of her in her party dress. Everyone was taking pictures! Izzy was so excited, she started turning around on the table. It was so cute! She just isn't loved enough!
The party was so much fun! Thank you everyone for coming!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! I can't believe she is already a year old....

Julie said...

Yah...pictures from the BIG day!! They are so cute and the party was SO much fun!!

Supermom-In-Training said...

It looks like Izzy had a BALL! What a cute princess! First birthdays are so much fun!

Zach and Kim said...

wow those pics turned out fabulous! I still can not believe she is one.

Zach and Kim said...

wow those pics turned out fabulous! I still can not believe she is one.

Ouida said...

I'm glad you all got to be together. It is wonderful to build up relationships like that and have such great memories!.

Shane, Natalie, Madelyn & Murphy said...

I still can't believe that our girls are one! I loved Izzy's cake! BEAUTIFUL!!

Shane, Natalie, Madelyn & Murphy said...

By the way..Our Photography blog is up now! Visit us at www.iveyphotography.blogspot.com or there is a link on our family blog. Thanks!