Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's a Girl!

Well, December 28th is our due date for sweet Chloe Elise! Izzy went with us to the ultrasound. At first, she said that the baby was Theodore from Alvin and the Chipmunks. She didn't really understand it until I told her that this was someone she could put her makeup on! Grampy, NawNa, Jennifer, Loren and Jared were able to come in town when we found out. It was so nice already having most of the decorations for our gender revealing party. Since we found out what we're having, life has been crazy! We have been getting Izzy's new room ready and planning her party! Jeremy had to knock out a wall for a new closet door. (Thanks to Jones Company, we are having to fix things that they messed up! Don't get me started!) We are trying to have her room done by August 30th. I took some before pictures. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks I can post some pictures of the beautiful room finished! *Izzy found my dance costumes! Watch out Cindy Lauper! As far as Izzy's birthday goes, I finally figured out what we are doing! It's just going to be with family this year, but I still felt like I needed to have a party. Jeremy wanted me to do a Chipmunk birthday because Izzy loves Alvin, Simon and Theodore! As hard as it was to give in, I finally did. (They're not pink!) So I googled "Chipmunk Birthdays" and I got nothing! I could not find anything! I had no idea what to do or how to decorate, so I gave up. After brainstorming, I thought of a book that Izzy loves. We have to read it everyday.....Pinkalicious. Or as Izzy calls it, Pink-ee-wish-us. It is the cutest story about a girl who eats too much cupcakes and turns pink. So I googled this idea, thinking I would get nothing, and I found almost 100 pages of Pinkalicious party ideas! They even have this book on Broadway in New York! (You know I would be flying her out there to watch this if I could! I love Broadway shows!) So Bebe and I are working hard to get this party together and her room ready by next weekend! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Supermom-In-Training said...

I love your little girl's name! That is so exciting that we will both be having little girls almost the exact same age!! Too fun! I can't wait to see pics of Izzy's new room. Our goal is to get JD's big boy room done before the end of Nov. so you guys will have us beat!

Kristen Butler Parker said...

I love the picture of Izzy in your dance costume- she's a mini-me of you!!
love you guys!!

jen said...

So sorry we are going to miss Izzy's birthday party. The kids really want to be there Have a great time!
JEn