Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall is Here!

Izzy has started school! It was hard, at first, but she loves it! I can tell she is learning so much, and I'm enjoying my alone time, as well. She comes home everyday with something new. (Including viruses! The swine flu has already hit her class!) Izzy can tell you a memory verse, the story of David and Goliath, and the names of some of her classmates. We lucked out with Parker and Mitchell being in her class! She comes home singing new songs all the time. I caught her arguing with herself during her nap the other day saying..."Oh yeah?!...Yeah!" I have no idea where she gets it from, but it was cute. She also likes to sing Old McDonald, but her version is, "Old McDonald had a duck, E-I-E-I-O..."
I'm getting excited about this school thing, as well! I've signed up to help with snacks and parties. I feel like I am back to teaching! I've already googled cute snack and party ideas. I'm working on pumpkin rice krispy treats for orange day this week! I'll keep you posted! (You know you're a mom when you post about cute snack ideas!)
This past weekend, Jeremy and I decided to take Izzy to Gentry's Farm. Oh my goodness, that place is amazing! Luckily, it was a beautiful, Fall day, so we could enjoy the whole farm. We started off with the pretend areas including the teepees, barn with a grocery store, and spider web. Izzy refused to play with the pretend spiderweb because I have already taught her to be terrified of them! Oops! We played in the little kids' maze which had a slide, and the corn troughs. After all that, we relaxed on a hay ride! They had several new baby calves. Izzy thought they stunk, but she was still excited! Finally, after a tire swing ride, we had Izzy to pick her own pumpkin. Well...we had to persuade her to pick just one, or we would have been there all day! Check out the picture of the pumpkin field and you'll know what I'm talking about!
After such an awesome day, I am so excited about Fall! It just means Christmas is around the corner!

1 comment:

Supermom-In-Training said...

Sounds like Izzy is loving school! We are still investigating pumpkin patches around here so JD can pick out a pumpkin! Izzy is looking more and more like a little girl and not a baby!