Thursday, November 20, 2008

"My Life"....Mommy Diaries!

Izzy is potty trained! We have taught Izzy to go "number 2" on the potty! Yes, that is so exciting, but I have to tell you the story of what happened this morning. You might want to hold off on potty training after you hear this. Or better yet, send your child to the grandparents house for this stage of life! We just got in from Arkansas real late lastnight. We arrive to a clean house, because we are having life group over on Sunday. So we have a ton of luggage to unpack and I am trying to keep the house very clean until then. If you guys know me, this really stresses me out. Well, Izzy showes me that she needs to use the potty, so I run over to her, strip her down and set her on the pot in front of the t.v. with a book. She finishes, so I do the "yeah Izzy" dance. Meanwhile, she is standing there without a diaper and a messy bottom. So I quickly run to get some wipes. (Yes, I should have already thought about that, but I didn't!) So I get back to one of my dogs, eating out of the pot like it is a treat! I scream of course, run the dog to it's room just in time to see Izzy standing so proudly up against the window waving her arms like she loves to do. Now I have to clean off the window seal, pick up the pot out of the floor so the other dog doesn't get into it, and put a diaper on my child before she does number 1 in the floor. I bet you can already guess what is going to happen next..... Camry, my other dog has discovered the "treat" in the floor. In case your wondering, Camry is our good dog, I never thought she would do that, but she did. So the story can go on. I finally got everything cleaned up. Izzy got a diaper on in time, and the dogs are going to the groomer today. The house is sanitized again, but not before I had a huge laugh. I thought this story might amuse some of you moms out there. Please tell me you have had mornings like this!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Ha Ha Ha! That is too funny. I know my day is coming...

Supermom-In-Training said...

Love it!! I think JD is destined for diapers for most of the foreseeable future after that story!

jen said...

OH MY WORD!!!!
:}

Julie said...

that takes the cake!! That is absolutely hilarious!! I can only imagine how fun it's going to be to potty train 2 kids at once!! The only poop story I have is when I picked Parker up and poop fell out of his diaper and I slipped in it...I didn't know what to do, so I just laid him down and he kicked around in it until I could wipe my tears of distress and clean him up!! Good for you for laughing...I really thought they were going to have to check me into the Parthenon Pavilion~ha ha!!

laura said...

wow, #2 in the potty! can you teach caroline? :) i will have to work on that before baby sister comes along! maybe i should invest in a mini "potty" one of these days. hmmm, maybe a christmas present?! glad to see the blog updated and how beautiful the hawaii pictures were! we miss you guys, hope to see you soon for a playdate!