Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Baby is 2!

Izzy is 2 years old! She had a huge birthday! I'm sad that she is growing up so fast, but I am so excited we are done with her room! Jeremy and I decided to give Izzy a "big girl" room for her birthday. This will give us time to get her used to it before Chloe gets here. We also didn't want her to think that we were kicking her out of her room in December. So, here it is! I wrapped the door in a bow so she would know it was her present! We asked Bebe to paint on the walls at the last minute (1 day before her birthday), so she isn't finished. She stayed up late lastnight working on the beautiful tree, and mirror! We hope to have fairies and butterflies on the walls in a couple of weeks! Check out the closet! Jeremy closed in the door on the other side of the wall and put two doors on the other side. He also put in the organization kit! He did awesome! We're still waiting on a matching piece of carpet for the threshold. Just before the party started, Izzy had some visitors to come wish her a happy birthday. Our sweet neighbors, Alex and Dixon, and Izzy's babysitter, Alli! I tried to take pictures of all the decorations before everyone arrived for the party. I would not have gotten them all up if Bebe hadn't helped! We had lights strung around the tents, but you can't see them very well. It looked pretty at night though! I found all the decorating ideas online. I hung pink cones that had cupcake marshmellows in them, all around the tent. These were party favors that I made everyone take home! I also found out how to make flowers out of napkins. I spent all night lastnight making them. I put them on the tables, and wind came through and blew them all into the yard. Poppy had to run to the store and get mints to way them down! (This was not the last run to the store before the party. Jeremy got a little frustrated at all the things we forgot! ) This was Izzy's birthday outfit! I had so many ideas of what I wanted this outfit to look like, but I waited until the last minute to make it. So, it just ended up being a cupcake! It was still cute though! Jeremy had to get Izzy a jeep for her birthday, as well! Uncle Matty loaned us his corn hole game! Poppy helped me with Izzy while I got everything ready. Since it was a "Pinkalicious" party, all the ladies wore pink! Izzy definitely enjoyed unwrapping her presents this year! She got so much fun stuff! Amy got her a new purse with accessories in it. Izzy immediately put them on and hopped in her car! She also enjoyed walking around in the new dress-up shoes that Nana got her!
We made sure to have Izzy hug and thank everyone after she opened all her presents! This was a cute picture of her hugging Aunt Delta for her new art set!
Uncle Matty and Aunt SaySay know how much she loves goldfish, so they got her a Betta Fish for her birthday! I think she decided to name it Cinderella, "Cindy" for short!
We decided a while ago that Izzy is a bit of a scardie cat! We had no idea it was this bad! She was afraid of the candles on her cupcake!
We are so blessed to have a healthy 2 year old! She surprises us everyday with the things she does and says! We can't wait to see her continue to grow!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Izzy!! Glad you had such a fun party!

Supermom-In-Training said...

Hooray for Izzy! It looks like she had a wonderful birthday! And I love her big girl room!

laura said...

looks like she had a fun filled birthday with lots of surprises! the room looks great! i am sure she is loving it. happy birthday to izzy love caroline :)